Kebir Colmenero is a PhD student supervised by Professor David Lasagabaster at the University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Spain. He obtained his BA in English Philology from the UPV/EHU and he holds an MA in Language Acquisition in Multilingual Settings from UPV/EHU and an MA in Education Training for Professional, Secondary and Language Teachers from the International University of Valencia . Kebir works as an EFL teacher in schools in Spain and as a research assistant at Language and Speech Laboratory in UPV/EHU. His PhD dissertation focuses on attitudes towards native and non-native speaking English and Basque teachers. He has presented his work at different international conferences (Saarbrucken International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching and All-Ireland Research Conference on Immersion Education) and has recently published some papers together with Professor David Lasagabaster in international journals. His research interests include native speakerism, minority language teaching and learning, bilingualism, multilingualism, language attitudes and motivation.
- Kebir Colmenero, David Lasagabaster. (in press) Enclosing native speakerism: Students’, parents’ and teachers’ perceptions of language teachers. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development. :-. Abstract
- Kebir Colmenero, David Lasagabaster. (in press) Native and non-native teachers in a minority language: An analysis of stakeholders’ opinions. International Journal of Bilingualism. :-. Abstract
- Kebir Colmenero, David Lasagabaster. (2023) The native/non-native teacher debate: insights into variables at play. Language Awareness. 32(2):363-384. Abstract || PDF
- Kebir Colmenero. (2021) Reflecting on native speakerism: students’, parents’ and teachers’ preferences towards native and non-native teachers of English. Research in Anglo-American Literature, Culture and Linguistics Conference for Postgraduate and Early-Career Scholars Conference Universidad de Valladolid. Abstract
- Kebir Colmenero. (2021) Native and non-native speaking teachers: student, parent and teacher preferences in the Basque Country. V Jornadas de Jóvenes Investigadores en Filosofía y Ciencias del Lenguaje UAEM Madrid. Abstract